Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Six

Jason and I just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. The funny part was that Jason called up my Mom to see if she could babysit for the night, when she gently reminded him that she was already babysitting. "Jason, you have to go to Abby's 10 year reunion that night!"

I felt bad using a whole babysitter night when we rarely ever get out just the two of us, on a night full of MY friends and MY memories. Needless to say he was a good husband that did it without complaining.

We even joked that night about how Jason doesn't really want to watch our wedding video for quite some time even though I could watch it just about everyday.

Thankfully I had great help in planning our high school 10 year reunion, but I gave more focus to that than I did our wedding anniversary. Jason bought me beautiful flowers and a card.....and I got him nothing. We have never been the kind of gift givers that plan something out and surprise each other, although Jason is much better at surprises than I am. But we sure do miss those anniversary vacations!

Even though the focus is on so many other things right now like the build, our kids, and work, I am blessed with.....
A husband that can pick out the same paint color as me in thousands of choices......
A father that plays hard even though completely exhausted himself......
And a handyman with incredible talent (which I didn't even know about when we got married, I swear!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS