Wednesday, May 25, 2011

ABC Baby Shower

I couldn't believe the day finally arrived to throw my good friend Beth her baby shower. The idea of a 'bring a book' shower was brought up, so we ran with it. We asked everyone to bring a book to help build Baby Behnke's library. Then, when I saw those abc wooden blocks at the store, the light bulb went off.

Here is the invite made by Lindsey over at to a T  

Here is the beautiful mom-to-be in front of the sign
 A cute little flower box made with letters from Michaels Craft Store and some scrapbook paper for background.
 It's a BOY! These are letters from the wooden blocks that I bought Austin, only 12$ for the whole set at good ole' Wal*Mart
 Jelly Beans to match of course!
 Prizes for the games...
 More homemade blocks
 The book and stuffed animal from the Kohl's Cares collection
The favors were cookies and bookmarks. I bought cookie cutters from The Cookie Cutter Shop online.
 Bookmarks homemade from card stock and scrapbook paper. The quotes on them are all sorts of quotes about books. Then on the inside, are magnets glued to each side, so you can hold your page without the bookmark falling out!
 Cupcakes made by Beth's sister-in-law who is starting her own cupcake company here in Kalamazoo. The idea was stemmed from the ones I saw on Martha Stewarts website. 
The shower was so much fun! I had a great time planning and decorating. Now I just can't wait to meet that baby!!!

2 comments:

  1. Abby that turned out amazing! You thought of every last detail...but that doesn't surprise me. You are so talented at putting together these events. Your friend is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she is! :) Abby you did an awesome job and I couldn't have asked for a better shower!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS