Thursday, April 11, 2019

All things hair!

I get asked by so many people, where do I get my hair done and what products I use! so I'm throwing together a short little blog post so I can direct people more easily.

First of all, for local peeps, I got to Jeffry Richard Salon off wealthy street downtown Grand Rapids. I go to Abby for cuts and TJ for cut and color in between my cuts with Abby. It's a down right amazing experience from the moment you walk into the salon. It's an Aveda salon and I can't get enough of that Aveda smell. I love their natural products and so does my family.

Speaking of natural products. I want to direct you to Maple Holistics to check out their new Silk18 Shampoo I had the opportunity to try it out first hand and let me tell you, I love it. I wash my hair once every 5 days or so using Living Proof dry shampoo in between washes, and this shampoo leaves my hair feeling incredibly clean, silky, and smooth. I love the scent and I love the all natural products.


I had  a recent scare where I had an allergic reaction to a texture spray I quickly snagged from Walgreens to use after working out. It cost me a pretty penny to go to the emergency room for steroids, not to mention oral steroids, oral antihistamines, and more medications than ever to calm it down. I learned my lesson from thinking I could just grab any old thing from the shelf and use it. Trust me, keep it natural with your products!!

I also use a leave in treatment after I shampoo by Aveda called Dry Remedy. With all the color and heat I use on my hair, this is something I can't live without.

Send me a message if you have any questions. I use a small amount of hair spray and serum for hold and smooth but if you need those linked as well, let me know!!

Oh! I can't forget. this little hair headband I use for washing my face etc is so cute and off Amazon!! it's only 18$ and it is perfect for what I was looking for. It's soft and has nice Velcro in the front and then in the back you can even pull your hair through a loop, like a pony tail, if you really need your hair away from your neck when you're doing your nightly routine!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS