Monday, November 17, 2014

Shark Themed Birthday Party

When Austin had his choice between Ninja Turtles, Superheros, and all sorts of other character birthdays, I was actually pretty surprised when he chose Sharks. Austin has had a long love of sharks in all of his 4 years on earth, but with Ninja turtles being so "in" right now, I couldn't believe he passed them up. This Shark Themed Birthday Party came out even better than I had expected and I love all the shark details!!

Here are the cupcakes made by Sweet Tree's Cottage Bakery
The shark fins are so cute, not to mention they taste great!
The beach closed sign came from Amazon. I bought a few to go around the house. And the shark centerpiece came from the Shark Splash collection at Party Pail.
Even though I don't use these glasses and straws like some other parties do, I still like to display them. Maybe when the kiddos are older and I don't have to worry about the whole glass flying through the air....Party straws from Party Pail
Invite found on Etsy.I like to buy the design and then print through whatever website is having the best deal for DIY cards like mpix, vistaprint, or even Walmart.com.
Shark Cookies from Sweet Tree's Cottage Bakery. Love buying my cookies and cupcakes all in one place!
Candy all from Party City. Very easy to head there and go straight to a colored section and just buy away. Now they even have matching scoopers!
Shark plates...the kids absolutely loved them!
Tons of great stuff from Party Pail. Lots of cute napkins and plates and hanging décor!
You can even order your matching cutlery from them at the same time you order your other party supplies!
Hammer head shark treat bags! Idea from Pinterest . We used a sponge and black stamp on white bags to create their appearance. Then all you do is fold over a longer piece of paper as you are folding the bag down. These were a big hit!

They were filled with all sorts of goodies. Go fish card deck, shark stickers, goldfish, and fruit snacks!
We (my Mom and I) found this rubber stamp on ebay and then just colored it in ourselves. We used Stampin' ups endless birthday wishes photopolymer set to stamp happy birthday!
We bought gummies on Amazon.com of all different kinds and made Shark/Ocean shish kabobs.
My mom gets pretty creative on her birthday presents!
Another one made by my mom! (excuse the Christmas pillows, we were a little early on getting Christmas décor out!)
A little bit of Christmas mixed in with the Sharks. We made the banner ourselves. Once you try it yourself once, I am convinced you will make your own too! But you can make it easier on yourself if you start with a stampin' up Build a Banner set (I am not a stampin' up demonstrator but I do LOVE them!!)
Coordinating shark balloons from Party Pail

I always love to hang décor from my chandelier over the dining table. These are perfect cause I didn't even have to do the cutting and putting together.
Find the hanging décor here
My mom made this shark with a cut out so you can put your face in there for a cute photo booth idea.


We just stamped brown paper with all of our rubber stamps we found on ebay.
Shark cups found here

Everybody loves a cute party hat
Shark napkins found on party pail

These shark masks came from an idea from an invite and just added a party straw to hold on to them.
Everyone really enjoyed the photo booth. Even the birthday boy with Grandpa in the upper right!
Birthday Boy Austin!! Shirt came from Etsy. I like how it doesn't say anything about birthday on it so that he can keep wearing it.

What does a shark say!?

Cupcake time! Austin had so much fun at his birthday party! I absolutely loved the shark theme. I think he did too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS