Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Birdie Birthday

My oh my, how the first year flew by!! My little Ava is turning ONE and there is nothing that I love more than her pottery barn Penelope bedding with little birdies. Here is the inspiration:

Her invitation also set the tone for the party. I think many websites now have adorable invites already made up but there is nothing like a custom invite easily found on etsy. The only problem is that you do save money by getting just the image from the designer but then you need to find the best deal on cardstock. I found the best deal on Walmart of all places after searching up and down left and right. The design was 15$ and the cardstock was 0.87 cents per card.



My mom's friend continues to make adorable cookies for our kiddos' birthday parties. They taste just as amazing as they look! I love the different sizes this time!


My mom made these adorable birdies to hang from the dining room chandelier.....

 And a few to walk around the rest of the decorations!
The birdhouses are from Michaels and painted to match the party

 And of course the packages are hand stamped with stampin up! You can tell your a die hard stamper when you start to know the names of the stamp sets...Betsy's Blossoms....just sayin'

Using the Cricut, we made letters for the banner
Striped straws and matching candy in glass jars

My mom found these adorable little birdhouses online that you had to assemble but it worked out better that way since she could stamp them out a tad before putting them together

With having a bigger space to decorate, some balloons and matching crate paper help stretch the colors
I got pics ahead of time of Miss Ava knowing the day of the party would be hectic

We made up bags for Ava to take to her school friends since she's a little young to invite them to the party
A matching sign to put out in the front yard!

And a party wouldn't be final until the arrival of the cupcakes! Once again by Cupcake Tree Bake Shop and I just let her pick what she thinks would fit the theme the best.


I'll post some pics separately in the 'Ava 1 year' blog post of her devouring her delicious cupcake! Another successful kiddo party! I love that both kids birthdays are in the winter when we are stuck inside....gives us some time to create as we spend the cold days cooped up. Loved hosting the party in our new house too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS