Sunday, February 24, 2013

Our Trip to the U.P.

What began at 4am could have been bad just for the early sake but instead turned even worse with poop all over Austin's crib. Our family just got over the GI bug that was going around before we headed up north, but it still remained a surprise when I got Austin out of his bed. So let's just say it was a rough start.

So we packed up the van that we borrowed and as I got the kids buckled into their car seats, Jason heard me say something he never thought he would hear in our entire lives, "Jason, I want a van!" Ok, so I don't really want a van, but man are those things convenient. We practically packed the entire house and still had room!
We were actually still in the neighborhood when I realized that I forgot to pack my camera, but there was no turning back. It took every ounce of energy to pack up the kids in that van and nothing was going to make us add more minutes onto the long trip.

I thought that the kids would fall back asleep. It was still dark out and they were watching movies, but oh no,  they were awake 98% of the trip. At one point Jason had to make sure to lock the van doors because I was close to opening it on the highway and just rolling out.  I thought giving Ava her pacifier would calm her down and help her fall asleep, but instead, she just threw it in every nook and cranny in the van every 2 seconds.

I quickly learned that I forgot to pack earplugs

Hour 6 of the trip and the kids were still not asleep and cranky as ever. We were due to arrive to Grandma Candy's in 1/2 an hour and that's finally when I turn around and see their eyes shut. Go figure.

Regardless of the terrible ride up, it was all forgotten as we visited with family and introduced our little ones to their great grandparents. Here is Ava with Great Grandpa Letson.

Austin received one large Valentine's day cookie from Grandma. She knows the way to his heart.
Benny and Austin quickly became best friends. On the way home from our trip Austin turns to me and says, "Benny is my favorite."
We went to Grandma and Grandpa Wodzinski's the following night and there were lots of deer to greet us. Austin thought it was pretty cool. I quickly regretted my not turning around to grab my camera decision as we didn't get any pics with Gma and Gpa W.



Oh Benny!
Each day Austin would get antsy and we'd take him out to another dollar store. He always seemed to find the biggest toys that made the most noise!

It was a short trip home as it was complete opposite from the ride up. Both kids watched movies quietly and fell asleep!

Always a quick trip when we head to the U.P. but we missed out on lots of family including Jason's Dad since he is still overseas. But he's coming home soon and I am sure he will be in shock as the kids have grown so much since before he left. Looking forward to having our basement finished so we can finally have family come and stay with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS