Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Austin's First Christmas

We always head to Grand Rapids for Christmas but usually have to leave shortly after my family get together for the U.P. With Austin only being 6 weeks old, we delayed the trip just a few more weeks in hopes that he will travel better. We went to my parents house on Christmas Eve and it wasn't but two seconds after walking in the door before Austin was snuggling Grandma.
Carla came over for a visit to meet Austin while she was home! He even wore the shirt that she got him that says Santa's Little Helper.
Austin was changed into Christmas pajamas for the night service at Mars Hill Church. Poor Lily is always second to Austin now....good thing she still LOVES to sleep.

I awoke Christmas morning in a panic! After getting up thru the night with Austin, I awoke to the door closed to the bedroom. I immediately thought that Jason had accidentally shut the door and for some reason I wouldn't have heard Austin cry. I flung open the door to find Austin in my mom's arms while she was running around frantically. Apparently she had got Austin out of his pack and play and fed him for the morning. She was also making Monkey Bread for our Christmas brunch. The Monkey Bread overflowed in the oven and my mom had been so nervous that the smoke alarm would have gone off and awoke everyone! So here's a picture of the culprit that caused the ruckus.

Austin changed into his Christmas outfit and decided to hang out with someone more his own size.....
I don't think Lily can get any closer. She now follows Jason around even more than she did before, since I am most likely always doing something with the baby.

I saw a commerical for one of those recordable books and couldn't wait to get one! I wanted each family to get together and record a page of the story, Twas the Night Before Christmas. It turned out even better than I imagined and now we have a beautiful memory from Austin's First Christmas to keep forever!

My mom received a stroller as her gift and she couldn't have been more excited! She got it put together and grabbed Austin for a stroll around the house to show off! He enjoyed the ride!

We somehow managed to miss out on getting a family photo. But when you have lots of loving family like I do, you realize that you don't get to see your own children because someone is always passing them along to get their turn. I can wait because I don't want my little boy to grow up too fast, but I can't wait to see what Christmas is like each year to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm on your blog! How fun, I love that picture :) Looks like you guys had a great Christmas, I am so glad I got to be a small part of it! Austin is amazing, and you looked happier than I have ever seen you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS