Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Definition of Summer

I tend to take pics and blog later....which I imagine most people do, but I mean like 3-6 weeks later :)

But I do remember this day like it was yesterday. It was one of those days where I couldn't stop saying "wow, what a gorgeous day!".  It was one of those 'set up the slip n' slide and watch the kids play for hours' type of days.
Kids started coming out of houses all down the street. Who wouldn't pay to go back to the days of being a kid where you got to eat endless freeze pops?! My husband would say that I still do that but I wouldn't go as far as endless..... maybe just two for me. Or three.
Austin still has a snake on his face from the Festival of the Arts downtown GR. It was literally the perfect day.
I can't tone down the vibrancy of these photos any. This is how summer is. bright, beautiful, and green.
The kids had fun showing off their 'skills' as they hit the end!

I told them to get together real quick for a picture.
It will definitely be one of my top 10 favorite photos of the summer. It defines summer. These kids grow too fast.  It's one of those photos you'd print and tape in scrap book if I actually did that. But this is my scrap book for now. Austin and Kasen are inseparable. Kora has a missing tooth. Natalie and Michelle play for countless hours on end. They all live on the same street for now. And they are all friends no matter their differences. Being young is easy and fun. And it was fun to sit back and watch and soak it all in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS