Thursday, January 13, 2011

2 Months

2 months have already flown by since Austin was born! I only have a few more weeks left at home with him before I go back to work. I am going to miss being around at home all day with this little guy but I am also incredibly new to my career and miss the challenges of neurosurgery.

We are currently working on getting Austin on a schedule. This is going to be so helpful for myself, Austin, AND daycare so I just have to keep working at it. There are so many hard parts to it all, especially since he would rather fall asleep after eating rather than play, but then when I finally get him awake to play, he doesn't want to go to sleep. I can't seem to win with that battle.

We are doing tummy time and he is getting a lot better at head control, but he sure does like to fall asleep while doing tummy time.....

He has outgrown all of his newborn clothes and is now wearing 3 months! I am interested in seeing what his stats are at his 2 month appt. next week as he fills out the 3 months clothes as far as length! Sometimes when he stretches his legs out, you can tell the fabric is pulling in each direction to give him room. I also had to stop trying to wrap those little baby towels around him, as he was too big for those too. My mom made him some towels that fit much better!
He is on the verge of "coo-ing" as he does just a few a day and he also smiles but mostly when he has a nice full belly, we call it "milk-drunk". I am excited for when he starts looking at us and smiling when we do!

We are taking our first trip to the U.P. with him this weekend, so I am just praying that he does well in the car for all that time. We are deciding to go after his middle of the night feeding so that way he sleeps for a few hours and we can stop in the middle of the trip for a nice break and to feed him again.

He is waking up just once a night which is nice, but I still look forward to getting an uninterrupted night's sleep someday! Hopefully he is doing that before I go back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS