Sunday, September 22, 2013

Where Have I Been?

Sad to see the summer go and the fall weather come so quickly! The last three weeks Jason was gone for army training and one of those weeks my parents were gone to visit family....needless to say, that was a blur! I stayed as busy as possible visiting friends and getting out of the house with the kiddos. I don't even remember the last time I blogged but I know it seems like forever ago. I know that I won't be able to blog much these next 5 weeks because my photography hobby is keeping me super swamped with newborns and family photos. Fall will be beautiful and everyone is taking the opportunity to get family pics.

On this particular morning, Austin and Ava were helping me strip the beds for laundry day. I ran downstairs to grab my camera but mainly just sat back and watched them jump around. It seems like the majority of time these kiddos are together I am telling them to stay away from each other. Meaning.....don't touch one another, leave Austin/Ava alone, don't pinch, don't yell, don't hurt each other, stop wrestling, no kicking, stop biting, and it goes on and on. BUT when they have moments like these, it's a mother's dream. Nothing but big time laughs and giggles.

Superman was too fast for me to grab photos of
 It's rare Ava has her hair all the way down these days. Pigtails are so easy and keep her looking cute and babyish, as I wish I could keep her that way forever!
 They grabbed each other's hands and jumped around together. The laugher was completely priceless.
This was the morning that Austin woke me up before 6 am because the door to his bedroom wasn't shut all the way. Our kiddos have never slept in our bed overnight. This one time at the cabin Ava slept with Grandma and Grandpa and Austin slept with me and Jason. Needless to say I got zero sleep that night....ok maybe three minutes. So that back story was to say that as I grabbed Austin to sleep in with me, he had no clue that we were meant to sleep. He rolled around and chased Lily around on the bed and didn't even shut his eyes.

This was also the day that Ava decided that nap time was a no-go. Eventually Grandma rocked with her in her bedroom and they both took a little cat nap. She's certainly stubborn at times. This is when my Mom would say "The nut doesn't fall far from the tree."

This was the day Jason got home from his three weeks. I was exhausted and was trying to rip out my hair by 9:30am. I think we were in bed by 9pm that night.

Thankful Jason is home.......thankful my parents live close......thankful for these moments that my children are best friends.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS